Today is the first day of my first full week of work. Maternity leave is really, really ending.
5 Lessons from Maternity Leave:
1. Taking a baby to the grocery store is way more difficult than teaching a classroom of 20+ students.
2. You won’t regret all the time you spent playing on the floor with your baby, and you won’t remember or care how messy your house was, and still is.
3. You’ll miss your slow mornings the most.
4. You need the support of other moms as you return to work because no one else fully understands how unnatural it feels to leave your baby every day.
5. As much as you prepare for maternity leave to end, it will feel sudden and too soon.
I’ll miss just the regular, everyday moments with her: