1. This Tumblr that shines a light on areas and professions where women are unequally represented: http://100percentmen.tumblr.com/
With very few words, this blog proves a point I have to so often try and make with many words.
2. Julia Child’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and just baking in general. Baking gives me that similar feeling of creating something out of nothing that writing does. Cookies also taste really good. I added a tablespoon of peanut butter to this recipe last night for a hint of that flavor. Peanut butter and chocolate are soul mates if you ask me.
3. Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Soap. It is an exhilarating way to wake up each morning: tingles your body and wakes up your mind. You’ve really just got to try it. I get excited each time I walk toward the shower, knowing it’s there, but I am easily amused. I also love Dr. Bronner’s motto: “All One.”
4. My denim jacket from Kohl’s. I just love, love it. It’s the perfect item for spring, especially to warm up a summer dress. Something about a denim jacket makes me feel like I’m in Footloose or Grease.
5. Fit Flops! My feet, which are thirty years old, have done a 60-mile walk for breast cancer, and have just begun running, need more support than flimsy flip flops can offer. Fit Flops are a little more expensive, but they are CUTE and extremely comfortable. My sister bought me a brown pair, and I had to buy myself some black ones because I would only wear brown outfits, so I could wear my Fit Flops. I don’t think I can ever go back to anything else.
What new things are you just loving lately?