Floyd Flest, up in the mountains of Virginia, just celebrated its 10th year. I have been attending for the past 6 years! I can’t believe it’s been that long. I have seen so many wonderful bands, made memories, and DANCED!
Here are my BEST FINDS from the festival. These our bands that I didn’t know about beforehand.
1. Dark Water Rising: A band from Lumberton, NC with belting voices. Mainly made up of hot chicks!
2. Deep River: Sounds a little bit like Sugarland
3. Maggie Ingram and The Ingramettes: Gospel-soul-shaking music! They almost had the hippies praising Jesus. Maggie is in her nineties and still doin’ the dang thang. Click on this video to rock with them.
4. JP Harris and The Tough Choices: Honky Tonk!
5. Yarn: Jam band with skills.