This is a favorite recipe of mine. I like to make it down at Emerald Isle with fresh shrimp; however, I’ll also eat it any day of the week. It has basil and garlic in it, two ingredients that you don’t have to sell me on. Here’s a quick and delicious meal for you to try.
- 8 ounces brie
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 3 roma tomatoes chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 pound of easy peel shrimp (deveined)
- Freshly grated parmesan to taste
How to make it
- Cut the brie into small cubes
- in a bowl combine brie, basil, tomatoes, garlic and olive oil. Cover and let sit for about an hour.
- while the mixture is sitting, boil water and cook pasta until al dente.
- add the shrimp and boil until cooked (about 2 minutes)
- Drain shrimp and pasta and combine with brie mixture.
- sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and serve